Itineraries: Mount Vesuvius
In the area of Mount Vesuvius the naturalistic itinerary of the enchanting National Park and its 10.000 square meters is naturally one of the richest parks for history and culture. It offers several trails that satisfy the most different targets depending on duration, difficulty, age and interest. The park is supplied with road signals that allow to easily walk its paths. A total of 15 itineraries, 9 of which secured and set up.
Some of the itineraries present a high level of difficulty and therefore are to be suggested only to the most up and coming:
- La Valle dell'Inferno or Valley of Hell - (Departure from Ottaviano),
- I Cognoli - (Departure from Ottaviano)
- La strada del Matrone - (Departure from Trecase). It is absolutely the most panoramic path with the climb over the Gran Cono del Vesuvio, the very upper cone of Mount Vesuvius
Less demanding itineraries are:
- La Riservadel Tirone - (Departure from Herculaneum),
- il Vallone della Profica - (Departure from San Giuseppe Vesuviano)
- Il trenino a Cremagliera (rack railway) - (Departure from San Sebastiano al Vesuvio).
During this particular itinerary one may gaze at the impressive lava flow of 1872.
The least easily practicable path is:
- the river of lava - (departure from Herculaneum).
Duration of the walk: 6 to 7 hours
Download and print the itinerary